Summer has been extremely busy for the NPcatalyst team. Rather than spend the warm months surfing waves in the Pacific or backpacking along the Tahoe Rim Trail, we’ve been serving clients and connecting with corporate and charitable leaders across the country.
This past weekend was spent in Tucson, where we met with numerous non-profit officials, social entrepreneurs, and new strategic partners. Here’s a brief list of our new friends:
- Beads of Courage – an incredible organization which distributes beads to children being treated for cancer throughout the world.
- TreeHouse Farm – an organization which provides an unforgettable experience for children recovering from cancer treatment, serious burns, and congenital heart issues.
- The Haven – extraordinary organization which provides substance abuse treatment and housing for men and women.
- Arizona Oncology Foundation – a new organization which provides support programs for cancer patients and survivors.
- One-on-One Mentoring – an organization which matchs caring adults with at-risk youth.
- Pima Prevention Partnership – provides practical solutions to address both individual and community problems, particularly substance abuse related.
Saturday was spent in a retreat with one of our new strategic partners. This soon-to-be-launched company will provide job recruitment, leadership development, and career development opportunities to both college students and employers. Much more to follow soon.
It was just another amazing weekend. We hope it leads to many opportunities to continue helping enhance the philanthropic culture in the Old Pueblo. Plus, we may have even landed a new job for a Tucson resident!
Thank you, Tucson, for your hospitality, heat, and spectacular sunsets!