Year-end giving is a rarely utilized tool used by charities to target new donors and raise new revenue. However, it can be an incredible strategy designed in a non-profit’s annual giving plan. Below are benefits associated with a well-developed and orchestrated year-end giving campaign.
Generate new revenue
- Can be a little or a lot
- Each non-profit is different – varying sizes, varying needs, varying degrees of public presence, varying depths of constituencies
- Roughly 40% of all giving comes in during month of December
Expand wide exposure
- Can be a lot of exposure
- Local media can play a key role. In most communities, local newspapers, radio stations, and tv networks actively seek ‘feel good’ and ‘community inspiring’ stories
- Social media creates increasing linkages, particularly through Facebook and Twitter
- Email marketing is a great tool to engage your existing database of constituents
Add new supporters
- In the form of new donors and volunteers, a public PR campaign can lure in new batch of supporters
- Recruits people who were unfamiliar with the organization
- Gives your development team a great source of new leads to prospect…and they’re not cold calls!